My Little Moments
Blog Header1 Blog Header Desktop

Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Potty Training



Not unlike most mothers, I hate potty training. It can be so frustrating trying to get the whole concept to click with toddlers. I have tried a couple of times with Addi. I haven't put much into it, always quick to give up. I had a array of reasons but truthfully I just haven't had the mental or physical energy to stick with it.

Well ladies and gentlemen, I have some fantastic news......Addi has pretty much gone and potty trained herself!! I know some of you are thinking, "How?? Can she teach my kid?" I have no clue how it happened. We have had her potty hanging around for a few weeks now, it's only function was dust collecting. Then the other morning she woke up told me she wanted to use her potty and that was it. She has been in underwear since. Even better, after one accident she's even pooping in the toilet!! She doesn't even tell me when she needs to go, she just walks over does her stuff and yells for me when she's done.

Am I lucky or what?!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Very lucky! I do think girls usually are much easier than boys.

Yaya said...

Girl or not; for Addi it could have been an issue for her to go to kindergarden! The child has a mind of her own, good to know that she put her wildly powers to good use. Could she come home and team that same task to the puppy?

Tamara said...

NO FAIR!!! Do you remember how awful it was to potty train Katie?? Seriously, NO FAIR. But, congratulations to little miss Addi.

-Loni said...

Yea Addi! Ainsley was kind of like that. She was 2 and a 1/2 but she basically trained herself. It was soo easy. Then Mackenzie came a long..... Need I say more?