My Little Moments
Blog Header1 Blog Header Desktop

Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lydia's First Day of School

Lydia was so excited for her first day of Kindergarten. I really thought since we had only been in Virgina for 3 days that she would feel overwhelmed and not want to go...nope, not even close. I was the one who had a total break down. Now I will give my self a little leeway. She started school on the same day that John went back to work and the day that the movers were coming. It was a crazy. My stomach was in knots. My baby was going to a school where I knew no one, I barely knew how to get there! I only managed to take a few shots of her before I started to feel sick...Yep, I had to put my camera down and haul it to the bathroom (the one that wasn't working, but that's a whole different story) to throw up. This Marine wife who has made it through a war, long separations and my share of hardships came totally unglued at the idea of my little girl going to school all day. A few days later I can't get her on the bus soon enough. Addi and I miss her, but let me tell you, 2 kids is like a walk in the park. I am thankful that she transitioned so easily. She amazes me everyday, she has no fear. I'm lucky to have such a sweet spirit in my life.


1 comments:

Yaya said...

She look beautiful. There is nothing that will tangle your heart and soul like your kids; no matter what the age.