My Little Moments
Blog Header1 Blog Header Desktop

Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

"Where are you from?"

Ahhh, the dreaded question. Every move I know it's coming, and I still have no clue how to answer it. Do I say Minnesota, since my family is there (well at least part of it come next month). When I think of "home", Minnesota definitely doesn't come to mind. I've learned over the years that home is where your family is. Right now, Hawaii is as home as it gets.

Here's a few places I've called home over the years-

Wyoming
Virginia (twice)
Colorado
New York
Minnesota (twice)
California
and Hawaii

I love moving, it's hard, but I love it. It's given me a chance to learn who I am and what I want out of life, to be whoever I want to be. Though I would love to settle down, it's not time yet. There is too much to see, too much to experience.

2 comments:

Megan Gunyan said...

Uh....MN is definitely your home. DEFINITELY.

Yaya said...

Home is definately where your family is (sorry Meg) but we leave little pieces of what is special in each of us everyhwere we live. You made some amazing friends in Colorado that bless me too!