My Little Moments
Blog Header1 Blog Header Desktop

Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

I really shouldn't....but I'm going to!


John and I have gone back and forth about getting a dog for a long time now. Just this past year I had to pawn off my poor kitty, Nala, to my mom. We've been moving so much and she was getting to old to deal with it.

We've been researching breeds and have decided (95% sure) on a boxer. I am completely aware of the headache this doggie will inflict, especially when it comes to moving again. Part of me knows how stupid an idea it is, but part of me is REALLY excited. I've picked out names. I've mentally prepared myself for the cost (dang, puppies are expensive) and I already have it's place in bed all picked out (next to me so I can use it as a pillow when it's bigger!!).

I think it's the whole hormonal drama about not having anymore babies is rearing it's head...but that's ok. The past 9 years I've either had a baby or a cat to snuggle with when John is gone, but now I have neither. It gets lonely.

So wish me luck people....I think I'm going to need it!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Dan has 2 sisters and they both have boxers that they got as puppies. Dan's sister Jenny's husband is in the military and she got the dog to feel safe when her husband was gone. They both love their dogs and they seem to be really good with kids. I think the main thing to be ready for is how much energy they have. They need LOTS of walks and playing and attention.

Cathy said...

When I lived in Russia, I stayed with a family who had a big boxer and a tiny apartment. I LOVED that dog. He was fabulous. I am excited for you!

Anonymous said...

You probably remember that our neighbor in NY had a boxer and we all loved him. One of my friends at work has a boxer, her name is Molly(hence why I said you should pick a more creative name!) Her dog likes to eat things like tube socks, swallows them whole! It will be an adventure you won't forget and will really make you happy (in the long run)! :)

BeccaLee said...

Hope you enjoy it! If there was one thing I did different with ours was NO sleeping on the bed, I know it's hard when the hubby is gone (Dan will be gone for 10 days next week & they both will be on the bed) but it is such a pain to wash the comforter! Best of luck! Love ya

Unknown said...

You are so brave... I'm having that 'empty' feeling currently so I understand. We haven't 'closed' the door on more kids, but I'm not sure if I want to commit to that right now either... I hate this feeling. FYI. Guinea Pigs DON'T fill that hole.